ERASMUS | Study Abroad UK
List of Partner Universities – Department of English and American Studies
Academic year 2023/24: Applications for the Erasmus programme and our UK study abroad partnerships are accepted on an ongoing basis (please take into account deadlines set by the host institutions) and places will be allocated according to availability.
Information on Erasmus or UK programmes and nomination: +
Information on Erasmus grants:
Information on financial support for studying abroad in the UK (PLUS Study Abroad Grant):
Click here for post-Brexit infos from the International Relations Office.
The Department of English and American Studies currently cooperates with over 20 Erasmus partner universities in Europe (see List of Partner Universities), at which students can complete a study abroad period of one or two semesters per cycle of study. Information about the individual partner institutions can be found on their respective websites. For further information about the mobility programmes, please contact the department members listed below.
- Research our partner universities through their websites and select three universities for your application.
Most universities have a dedicated page for Erasmus or International Students (usually under International Office, Study Abroad Office, Foreign Students Office).
- Fill in our department’s application form and along with a brief letter of motivation in English (max. approx. 250-300 words) submit it to Christopher Herzog (, 3.252) by 15 January in the year before you would like to take part in the exchange (you are registering then for the following academic year).
- You will be nominated by the Academic Coordinator to study at one of our partner universities. Places are allocated according to availability and academic achievement.
- Wait for the partner university to confirm your nomination and send you information on their application process. Then complete all of the host institution’s application requirements. Please note that application deadlines vary for each institution.
- Complete all forms required by our university’s International Relations Office, according to their guidelines.
Please contact Christopher Herzog () prior your Erasmus semester, to have your course selection approved and ensure that credits earned at the partner institution will be transferred accordingly once you return.
Erasmus Office Hours by appointment. Please contact:
- General advice and information (Outgoing): Mag. Dr. Christopher Herzog (), Mag. Julia Hartinger (), Mag. Irmgard Delpos ()
- Submission of application forms (Outgoing): Christopher Herzog
- Guidance course selection (Learning Agreements) and credit transfer: Christopher Herzog
- Support and guidance for incoming students: Julia Hartinger, Christopher Herzog
Let’s Go International: Information for outgoing Erasmus students (PPP)
For Department staff:
Formular/Bestätigung: zusätzliche ECTS für Erasmus-Incomings