The Botanical Garden of the University of Salzburg, established in 1986, has a size of 1.5 hectar, with a focus on middle european vegetation types.
The garden displays a variety of themes:
- the rock garden with a focus on Austrian alpine plants,
- a rose garden where the history of rose-breeding is shown,
- a marsh and heather area shows a successful natural development of the ecosystem during the past 25 years,
- a traditional farmer’s garden,
- a wild crop garden, displays a diversity of 220 different ancient wild crop species.
Geographical position: 47°47’12″N & 13°03’36″E
420 meter above sea level.