Expert Panel Work
- Member of the Nano-Information Commission (NIK), Österreichisches Bundesministerium für Soziales, Gesundheit, Pflege, Konsumentenschutz
Scientific Committee Work for International Conferences
Martin Himly (sitting second from the left) was acting as speaker, session chair, moderator of a panel discussion on SSbD for industry, trainer and member of the scientific committee at the 8th International Conference on Environmental, Health, and Safety Issues related to Nanomaterials in Grenoble, France, in June 2023.
More than 300 participants attendeed the 4 days of interactive program. Lars Montelius, the Co-Chair for Research of the European Advanced Materials Initiative 2030 is sitting as third from the right.
…Ben Punz, Yingnan Liu, Su Li, and Magdalena Weiss gave oral presentations on their projects:
11th Venice Nano Training School From 15th to 20th May 2022, Martin Himly co-organized the nano training school in Venice. The school covered a variety of subjects, such as physicochemical characterisation techniques, safe-and-sustainable-by-design methodologies for nanomaterials, risk governance, and FAIR data management.
Norbert Hoffstätter and Sabine Hofer, in addition to Martin Himly, participated as experts in the training programme.
Editorial and Reviewer Activities
- Editorial Board Member of Allergy – European Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (impact factor 13.15)
- Referee for the international scientific journals: ACS Nano (IF=13.9), Particle and Fibre Toxicology (IF=9.2), NanoScale (IF=7.8), Environmental Science:Nano (IF=7.2), Allergy (IF=13.15), J Controlled Release (IF=7.9), Nanotoxicology (IF=6.0), Molecular Medicine (IF=5.9), Frontiers in Immunology (IF=5.7), Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine (IF=5.7), Nutrients (IF= 4.2), Nanomedicine – Future Medicine (IF= 4.8), J. Nanobiotechnology (IF=5.3), Nanomaterials (IF= 4,4), Molecular Nutrition and Food Research (IF=4.4), Nature Scientific Reports (IF=4.1), Chemical research in Toxicology (IF=3.3), RSC Advances (IF=3.1), Cancer Medicine (IF=2.5), Tumor Biology (IF=3.6), Molecular Immunology (IF=3.2), Journal of Virological Methods (IF=2.1), Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry (IF=3.2), World Allergy Journal (IF=3.7), International Archives of Allergy and Immunology (IF=2.5), J. Nanopart. Res. (IF=2.1), Langmuir (IF=4.0), Ital. J. Pediatrics (IF=1.7), SynLett (IF=2.3)
- Referee for the UK Medical Research Council (MRC), the Paracelsus Medical University Research Fund (PMU), and for Scientific & Technological Cooperation (WTZ) project grants of the OeAD – BMWFW
Prizes and Awards
- Sep 2023 Kurt Zopf Preis 2022 for the most outstanding publication in 2019 – 2021 at the PLUS in the fields of medicine, natural and technical sciences. More information here.
- Feb 2022 Outstanding Reviewer 2021 Award by Environmental Sciences: Nano, Royal Society of Chemistry. Full list here.
- Jan 2022 Top Reviewer 2021 Award by Allergy – The European Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (with IF 13.15 journal #1 in allergy, 9/162 in immunology)
- May 2012 Award of the Membership of Honor of the Cuban Immunological Society
- Sep 2005 VWR-ÖGBM Prize 2005
- Mar 2003 Mortimer Sackler Award 2002