… for participants of USI courses
Dear participants of USI courses, we process personal data connected to your participation in USI courses and on becoming a member of the USI fitness centre (USI Fitness Zentrum – UFZ), respectively.
We do not, however, use automated decision-making nor do we carry out profiling according to Article 22 GDPR.
Purposes and data categories
We process personal data as part of the implementation of our contract and for the following purposes:
- for the conclusion of a membership of the USI fitness centre,
- for the application for, rebooking and cancellation of USI courses,
- for an eligibility check as well as
- for the transfer of solely course-related information to registered participants by USI employees, especially to inform participants about last minute changes or cancellations of specific courses and course dates, or to inform participants about required equipment.
If you do not provide us with your data, a conclusion of a membership agreement will unfortunately not be possible, and you cannot apply for our courses.
For this purpose, we process the following data categories:
- first name and name
- address, phone number, e-mail address and other information necessary for contacting
- birth date, gender
- student number and confirmation of enrolment (for students)
- bank account details
- authentication and login information for the use of IT services
With your explicit consent we also process health-related personal data (medical data, information regarding injuries and similar so-called Art. 9 data), which you provide us with. You can withdraw this consent at any time. Health-related data are necessary for creating a training schedule and will be used for that purpose only. Without your consent it is not possible to create training schedules.
The processing of data is done by the responsible person/institution/body. In the case of error, data and protocol information will be – only to the strictly necessary extent – transferred to the mandated processors (producers of providers of IT solutions) in the context of troubleshooting. In such cases the University of Salzburg contractually ensures that your data will be processed by our mandated processors in compliance with data protection regulations, while taking your rights into consideration.
We process your data as part of the implementation of your membership agreement or for the implementation of precontractual measures (Art. 6. sec. 1 (b) GDPR). We also process your data based on our legitimate interests (Art. 6 sec. 1 (f) GDPR) in an optimal course planning as well as self-protection (the protection of property and the protection of employees of the University of Salzburg), as well as the protection of responsibilities. If we do process health-related data, we do so based on your explicit consent (Art. 9 sec. 1 (a) GDPR).
We store your data only for the period allowed by statutory provisions. After the termination of your membership your data will be stored for two more years at the longest.