Andrea Rimböck, BSc.
Hellbrunnerstrasse 34, 5020 Salzburg
Tel.: +43(0)662 8044 5602
My research interest is directed towards ecosystem services through which humans benefit from their surrounding nature. In the face of the Anthropocene, resulting in challenges that pertain to the ecology part of the life sciences, it is of uttermost importance to protect, conserve and restore the mechanisms and resources mandatory for a functioning ecosystem. Furthering my own research, I currently contribute to the project “Aushagerung durch Vornutzung: Auswirkungen auf Flora und Fauna ausgewählter FFH Grünlandtypen”.
Curriculum vitae Employment history
- since 2021: Ecological construction support (Salzburg, Austria): Supervision of building projects overseen by REVITAL in the area surrounding Salzburg
- 2020-2021: Student assistant at the Bayrische Akademie für Naturschutz und Landespflege (Laufen bei Oberndorf, Germany): Literature research and analysis pertaining to the maintenance of Magere Flachland-Mähwiese (natural habitat type 6510 as per the Habitats Directive of the European Union) and Berg-Mähwiesen (natural habitat type 6520 as per the Habitats Directive of the European Union) and the utilization of the accumulating biomass from the cutting; installation and maintenance of a literature database for the research compound Ökostation Straß
- 2019-2020: Freelance educationist at the Haus der Natur (Salzburg, Austria): Planning and giving talks to different science topics
- 2016: Internship in conservation at the Bayrisches Amt für Waldgenetik (Teisendorf, Germany): Contributions to the project “Erarbeitung von Herkunftsempfehlungen und Verbesserung der Erntebasis für die seltene, klimatolerante Baumart Elsbeere (Sorbus torminalis L.)”; Assistance in field tests for the assessment of infestations with Hymenoscyphus fraxineus causing ash dieback; lab work to extract DNA for PCR and assistance in the genetic analysis
- since 2019: Master study “Ecology and Evolution” at the Paris Lodron University of Salzburg
- 2016-2019: Bachelor study “Biology” at the Paris Lodron University of Salzburg focusing on Ecology and Evolution. Graduating with the bachelor’s thesis “The stress-induced production of phenolic acids and flavonoids in Ocimum basilicum L. under the influence of various abiotic stress conditions”
- 2014-2016: Bachelor study Molecular Biology at the Paris Lodron University of Salzburg