Master’s Degree in Educational Science
There is an overview of the study area of pedagogics and contacts in the flyer of the department.
Faculty of Cultural and Social Sciences
Department of Education
|Form of Study / Degree||Master’s Degree|
|Number of ECTS Credits||120|
|Type of Study||Full-time|
|Standard period of Study||4 semesters|
|Degree||Master of Arts|
|Admission requirements|| |
Relevant (Subject-) Higher Education Bachelor Study or at least an equivalent qualification in a domestic or foreign post-secondary educational institution
|Doctoral Study possible||Yes|
The curriculum is the most important and legally binding document for students and the department. Its contents should be well known to all students. First semester students in the Master’s Program automatically enter the current curriculum (currently version 2016).
All of the following downloads are only available in german! If you have any further questions please fell free to contact us!
Curricula MA-Educational Science
Organisation for the Academic Year
Version 2016: elective modules
Focus A: Education in different phases of life
Focus B: Social Education
Focus C: Educational Research and Evaluation
Focus D: Methodology of empirical educational scientific research
Beginning of Studies
- Beginning studies and working with Plus Online
- Information on Admission to Studies: Master’s or Doctorate
- Information summary about the Master’s Program in Educational Science
Course of Study
- Examination procedure in the department.
- Information about re-examination before a committee
- Information for submitting work (if the office for student affairs is closed)
- Information about deadlines
- Guide to evaluation standards
- Guide to Departmental Ethics Standards
- Guide PLUS language usage
- Gender-appropriate formulation (e.g. in seminar papers)
- Guidelines of the department regarding research and qualification work.
The department applies the citation rules of the German Society for Psychology. These can be found in the guidelines for manuscript design published by the Society (3rd edition from 2007) on pages 75 to 101. References Deutsche Gesellschaft für Psychologie (DGPs). (2007). Richtlinien zur Manuskriptgestaltung (3. Aufl.). Göttingen: Hogrefe.
Conclusion of Studies
You will find the form for the supervision agreement in PLUSonline under Visitenkarte > Diplom- u Masterarbeiten > neue Anmeldung für dieses Studium
- Information about the Master’s Degree
- Approved Examiners
- Examination subjects for the Master’s Examination
- Information about the Master’s examination
You can find information about dates and registration for graduation on the Webpage of the PLUS. (german version only)