The Action Research Summer Camp 2021
A rich environment for active learning
Our practical methods and pedagogy
We will use a broad range of activating methods pedagogical means to transcend traditional didactics. These experiences will form a rich learning environment for developing life-long relationships and new ideas.
- Walking conversations and reflections in an alpine environment.
- Sharing everyday life with the community participants at the “Waldhüttl” project (cooking, making music, sitting at the camp fire etc.).
- Journaling (research and reflection diaries).
- Alternative walking tours through Innsbruck, together with activists and people from marginalized communities.
- Solidarity exercises and activities (group building, singing etc.).
- Introduction to tools of community based research (e.g. interview techniques, photo-voicing, creative arts).
- Introduction in the history and practice of community-based research.
- One-on-one and workshop development for individual work plans.
Our interaction with community partners
Camp participants will frequently interact with people in place – e.g. Roma living there temporarily and supporters from town who frequent the place – both who have helped bring about new forms of social support in cooperation with a number of societal actors and individuals.
The Camp will use English as the main language for communication, but many other languages will be spoken on site.
BACK to main page of The Action Research Summer Camp 2021