Guidelines for Authors
Anonymised Version for the Review Process
Please send us all your contributions (only full articles, i.e. after your abstract/proposal has been accepted by the editors) in two versions (word format):
- with author details
- anonymized version
Please ensure that you have removed all personal features from the blind copy which could provide any clue to your identity or that of your organisation.
- Names and organisational affiliations must be removed from the document properties.
- Sources in the text can be replaced, for example, with “Author_1”, “Author_2” etc.
- All information related to the authors is to be removed from the bibliography
You can find information on how to remove hidden data and personal information here, offered by Microsoft.
Length of Contributions
All articles should be approximately 40,000 to a maximum of 50,000 characters (not including abstract; including spaces and appended bibliography).
Book reviews should not exceed 10,000 characters (including spaces and bibliography).
Files have to be provided in MS word format:
- as little formatting as possible and as few footnotes as possible
- double spacing, Times New Roman 12 pt
- pages sequentially numbered
- headings numbered consecutively (1., 1.1., 1.1.1.) and bold
- spelling: British English (as a rule)
- reference style: publication manual of the American Psychological Association (APA), 7th edition, 2019, i.e. brief text citation
- quick guides: APA Style and Grammar Guidelines, APA Style Blog.
Abstract and keywords at the start of the article
- abstract: length between 600 and 1,000 characters including spaces, no references or quotations,
- 5 to 7 keywords in English.
The journal OeJS only publishes original research contributions. Contributions will be blindly assessed by two international experts from the publishing house as well as by expert editors for the particular topic.
In accordance with international scientific standards, the overall assessment results will be sent at the end of the review process regarding:
-  Assumption
-  Assumption recomennded after minor revision (acceptance after furhter examination by editors)
-  Major revision (if necessary, acceptance after further examination by editors)
-  Rejection
You will also receive the comments of the two reviewers as well as of the editors.