Enseigner et apprendre les langues par les tâches et avec le numérique (Erasmus+, 2020-1-FR01-KA226-HE-095410)
Photograph: © Unsplash/Headway
Enseigner et apprendre les langues par les tâches et avec le numérique” (Teaching and learning languages online using digital tasks) responds to the urgent current need for the training of language teachers in the field of online teaching. The project aims at the development of corresponding didactic competences of teachers, in particular, which should enable them to design didactically and methodically sound digital foreign language lessons.
Therefore, two training modules will be developed in the project: On the one hand, the methodological basics of action-oriented foreign language teaching will be taught, which is based on so-called real-life tasks – an extension of the task typology of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). These real-life tasks enable learners to communicate authentically and to actively participate in social life, while at the same time developing their linguistic, transcultural and digital skills.
The second module covers the basics of developing action-oriented tasks or real-life tasks and their digital implementation. The focus is on freely accessible resources.
These modules are complemented by the exemplary development of corresponding tasks for the levels A1 to B2 according to the CEFR in the languages German, English and French. The tasks are intended to serve as prototypical examples that can be easily adapted to other contexts.
An accompanying guide for language learners will highlight the social potential of language learning.
- Language teachers at secondary level or universities
- Those working in the field of teacher training and further education
- Language teachers in training
- Erasmus+, KA2: Strategic Partnerships in Response of the Covid-19 Situation
- Project number: 2020-1-FR01-KA226-HE-095410
- Coordination: Christian Ollivier, Université de La Réunion
- Co-Coordination: Catherine Jeanneau, University of Limerick
- Partner institutions: University of Salzburg, Jyväskylän Yliopisto (Finnland), University of Strasbourg (France), University of Limerick (Irleand), Université Catholique de Louvain (Belgium)
- Duration: 1.5.2021–30.04.2023
- Cooperation University of Salzburg: M. Strasser (Coordinator of work package 2), C. Hülsmann
The associated partners will test and/or distribute the developed materials. The associated partners include the following:
- ÖDaF (Austrian association for German as a foreign/second language)
- AkDaF (Working group for German as a foreign language, Swiss association for German as a foreign/second language)
- VUS (Austrian association of university language centres and institutions)
- AKS (Working group of language centres, language teaching institutes and institutes of foreign languages)
- Centre for Language Studies at Paderborn University (in cooperation with the FAU Language Centre Erlangen-Nuremberg initiator and developer of the teacher training certificate AKS-FOBIcert)
- IDV (International association of German teachers with 85 member associations in countries on all continents)
- University Language Centre of the Ruhr-University Bochum
- FIPV (Fédération internationale des professeurs de français)
- FIPLV (Fédération Internationale des Professeurs de Langues Vivantes)