For questions or details on
– registering for/deregistering from the examination in Public International Law
– other administrative questions regarding these subjects
please contact the Examination Office Faculty Law.
Addtional Information for Erasmus-Students can be found here.
Diploma Examination in International Law
A SUBSEQUENT REGISTRATION FOR THE COURSES PIL I AND/OR PIL II JUST TO GET ACCESS TO THE DOCUMENTS IN THE BLACKBOARD IS NOT POSSIBLE!!!
- Registration for the written exam: via PlusOnline
The examination dates are fixed by the Examination Division.
Please note: registration is only possible during the designated registration week. Subsequent registrations are not possible.
- Literature exam preparation:
- Jan KLABBERS, International Law, 3rd ed., 2020.
- Malcolm N. SHAW, International Law, 9th ed., 2021.
- Kirsten SCHMALENBACH, Casebook Internationales Recht, 2nd ed., 2014.
- see Literature reference Blackboard course
The books do not replace the attendance of the courses!
- Tools in the exam
English language contract collections or documents and dictionaries are permitted as tools in the written examination. Please note that in particular no German-language treaty collections or documents and no own printouts are permitted.
These tools apply to face-to-face examinations!