Research group : Division of social psychology
- 2010-2014 PhD at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (Department of Psychology)
- 2007-2010 Psychology studies at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- 2004-2007 Psychology studies at the University of Amsterdam
- Since 2021 Senior scientist at the On Track Project (University of Salzburg)
- 2019-2021 Senior lecturer (University of Salzburg)
- 2015-2019 External lecturer (University of Salzburg)
- 2010-2019 Researcher at Innovation in Learning Institute of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
Research: I am particularly interested in how people deal with threats in certain situations, which needs play a role in this and how we can support these needs, be it through concrete measures such as mentoring, certain learning environments or through improvements in (online) teaching, or more abstractly, by researching how needs change in the Corona Pandemic and how they are related to personal attitudes.
In our current research project “On Track”, I am particularly interested in how we can help teachers, students and pupils to feel less threatened and to successfully start studying or finish with a degree.
- Feldhammer-Kahr, M., Tulis, M., Leen-Thomele, E., Dreisiebner, S., Macher, D., Arendasy, M. & Paechter, M. (2021).It`s a challenge, not a threat: Lecturers` Satisfication During the Covid-19 Summer Semester of 2020.Frontiers in Psychology. 12, doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2021.638898
- Reiss, S., Leen-Thomele, E., Klackl, J., & Jonas, E. (2021). Exploring the landscape of psychological threat: A cartography of threats and threat responses. Social and Personality Psychology Compass. https://doi.org/10.1111/spc3.12588
- Leen, E. A. E. & Lang, F. R. (2013). Motivation of computer based learning across adulthood. Computers in Human Behavior, 3, 975-983, doi: 10.1016/j.chb.2012.12.025