General Universitay Entrance Qualifications
General university entrance qualifications
- School leaving certificate (Matura/Abitur) or vocational school leaving certificate
- University entrance examination for chosen university degree course
- Equivalent foreign educational certificates
- Completion of at least three years of study at a recognized home or foreign postsecondary education institution (e.g. college of higher education, university of applied sciences etc.) or Completion of at least three years of university education.
Bachelor’s, Diploma and Teacher Training Degrees
- Austrian school leaving certificate or a comparable foreign “Abitur” or a school leaving certificate for the degree course applied to.
- Completion of at least three years of study at a recognized home or foreign post-secondary education institution (e.g. college of higher education, university of applied sciences etc.)
- Certificate of the completion of a course with a university character of at least three years.
For Master’s Degrees
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree or other equivalent study degree at a recognized domestic or foreign post-secondary education institution or a
- university of applied sciences bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject.
For Doctoral Degrees
- Completion of a relevant diploma, master’s, teacher training, a university of applied sciences diploma or master’s degree or a
- comparable degree from a recognized domestic or
- foreign post-secondary education institution
For University Non-Degree Programmes
The course specific admission criteria are set by the course management and curriculum.
Attending lectures (non-degree programme students)
Where relevant, the admission requirements defined in the curricula should be met. When lectures are attended, there is also the possibility to take examinations according to university regulations.