How do I enrol?
Step 1 – onlinePREREGISTRATION
- For all persons with an EU university entrance qualification or equivalent, who wish to start studying for the first time,
- applicants with foreign university entrance qualifications or degree and a letter of acceptance from the Vice Rector of Educational Affairs
- Those interested in a non-degree programme (just visiting individual lectures),
- Participants in university non-degree courses
- Students from other Austrian universities who wish to visit lectures for the first time
Step 2 – Personal Enrollment
The following documents in their original form are required for personal enrollment:
- Valid passport or ID-Card
- University entrance qualifications (or proof of the right to study the chosen subject)
- Certificate of additional examinations (if required for the chosen course)
- Letter of acceptance (If obtained)
- Certificate of change of name (unless the names are not the same on all certificates, e.g. marriage certificate)
- Certificates of transfer if transferring from another Austrian university
- Matriculation number from another Austrian university or a university of applied sciences (if available)
- Social insurance number if insured in Austria (social insurance card, health insurance certificate)
Tuition fees: are only payable only after enrollment. Admission to the course becomes legally effective on receipt of tuition fees.
Starting your Studies
After personal enrollment, the following contacts are recommended:
- First semester student counselling & tutors, Austrian national union of students: enquire about opening times at the ÖH Consulting Centre.
- Orientation courses & orientation phase: are generally offered in the first teaching week of the winter semester.