Call for Applications: Postdoctoral Researcher @PUSH*BACK*LASH
- Planned start of employment: 1.1.2023
- Duration of employment: 3 Years
- Employment level in hours per week: 40
- Working time: by arrangement
- Work location: University of Salzburg (Austria)
- Monthly remuneration (incl. Health & Social Insurance): according to collective agreement (approx. €4,061.50 gross; 14 times per year)
JOB DESCRIPTION (Postdoctoral Research Fellow)
The project PUSH*BACK*LASH studies the relationship between democracy and the advocacy of/opposition to gender equality using diverse methodological approaches (esp. experiments, surveys, interviews). The successful candidates will join a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team working closely with 11 project partners in 8 European countries. The advertised position is based at the University of Salzburg with the Professorship in Politics & Gender, Diversity & Equality, which has the overall project lead.
This is a full-time postdoctoral position, whereby 50% is devoted to research and 50% to research management activities. The successful candidate will be able to:
- conduct independent and collaborative research
- present the findings of PUSH*BACK*LASH at international conferences
- publish in international peer-reviewed outlets
- serve in a key management capacity by handling the coordination of the consortium, administrational and financial matters, and communication with university administration, project partners, and the Project Officer.
- completed doctoral studies in Political Science, Political Sociology or related disciplines in the Social Sciences
- social and communication skills, as well as demonstrated administrative and organizational skills, incl. self-direction, ability to lead and supervise the work of junior researchers
- advanced methodological skills and experience with quantitative survey analysis
- familiarity with the scientific literatures on: democracy; politics and gender, diversity and equality; intersectional feminism
- excellent spoken and written English
APPLICATION DEADLINE & MATERIALS
Please send a merged PDF file that:
(a) is entitled “Surname_PushBackLash_Postdoc”
(b) includes the following documents:
- Letter of Motivation (max. 2 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae (including list of publications)
- Names and email addresses of 2 referees
- 2 Samples of work
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on 17 October 2022.
Online interviews are planned to be held on 24 and 25 October 2022.
The University of Salzburg aims to increase the proportion of women among academic and general university staff and therefore explicitly invites qualified women to apply. In the case of equal qualifications, women will be given priority.