For housing information, please see this selection of hotels.
We have negotiated special rates with the following hotels, if you book by the 1st of May 2016. These hotels are all in convenient 15 minute reach of the conference site, either walking (or cycling) through safe neighborhoods with some beautiful views of the mountain backdrop, or using the efficient bus system.
Please email us to request the special rates and the conference booking code. The room contingents are available for the period 12-15 July, 2016.
- Motel One, Alpenstraße 92-94, 5020 Salzburg (1.5 km distance from conference site, or third bus stop on routes 3 or 8) http://www.motel-one.com
- Amadeo Hotel Schaffenrath, Alpenstraße 115-117, 5020 Salzburg (2.1 km, or fourth bus stop on routes 3 or 8) https://www.amadeohotel.at/en
- Pension Scheck, Rennbahnstraße 11, 5020 Salzburg (1.5 km, quiet residential neighborhood across the Salzach river) http://www.hotel-scheck.com/english/home_e.htm
- Gasthof Überfuhr, Ignaz Rieder Kai 43, 5020 Salzburg (0.8 km, directly across the Salzach river) http://www.ueberfuhr.at/
- Hotel IMLAUER & Bräu, Rainerstraße 12 – 14, 5020 Salzburg (Green Hotel; nearby train station) http://www.imlauer.com
Find out more about hotels in Salzburg that are certified according to the Austrian Eco label.
Websites of the Austrian and German Railway Systems:
From the train station (“Hauptbahnhof”), take Bus 3 in direction “Salzburg Süd”, and get off at “Faistauergasse” (this is the stop after “Akademiestraße”) approximately a 13 minute bus ride. Then walk ahead, in direction of bus travel, until you reach the next traffic light, turn right onto “Michael-Pacher-Straße”, and walk straight until you reach the large yellowish building. That’s the NaWi, our meeting place.
google map – NaWi (Naturwissenschaftliche Fakultät)
See the bus schedule at the website of Salzburg AG. Bus 3 runs about every 7-8 minutes during the day.