Hours per week
10 hrs / 15 ECTS credits
Linguistic means and activities for the understanding and production of complex texts on concrete and abstract topics from studies and everyday life.
Course material (not included in the course fee)
Kurs- und Übungsbücher
1. Dengler, Stefanie et al.: Kontext B2.1. Deutsch als Fremdsprache. Kurs- und Übungsbuch mit Audios und Videos. Klett Sprachen GmbH 2022. ISBN 978-3-12-605340-2
2. Dengler, Stefanie et al.: Kontext B2.2. Deutsch als Fremdsprache. Kurs- und Übungsbuch mit Audios und Videos. Klett Sprachen GmbH 2022. ISBN 978-3-12-605341-9
Grammatik aktiv B2-C1. (Cornelsen). ISBN 978-3-06-021482-2
Language level B1+/B2
The students are able to find their way in their studies and everyday life independently.
This means students can:
• Understand the main content of concrete and complex topics in their field of study, everyday life and specialist articles from other fields.
• Describe and present more complex issues in a structured way
• Present and support opinions
• Follow discussions from their own field of study
• Record key ideas and decisions in group work and give structured feedback to the plenary.
• Communicate spontaneously, fluently and effectively with appropriate correctness on a wide range of general, scientific and professional topics.
• Follow and contribute to discussions on less familiar topics as well as
• Express their own thoughts and opinions precisely and respond to complex arguments of others.
They are able to do the following in both speaking and writing:
• Describe something systematically.
• Discuss the pros and cons of different options and their position, highlighting their main points and relevant supporting details.
Students have an understanding and awareness of culture and its impact on communication, and can identify and interpret information in its cultural context.
• Deal with general scientific vocabulary and structures receptively and productively.
• Use linguistic means of scientific communication effectively in oral and written contexts.
• Extract information, thoughts and opinions from highly specialized sources from the intended field of study.
• Take detailed notes in a lecture on their field of interest.
• Summarize long and challenging texts.
• Summarize long and challenging texts and respond to questions in discussions.
Students have a wide range of language learning strategies as well as general and scientific working techniques which they can use efficiently and flexibly.
Mo, 02.10.2023, 11:15-12:45, 1.004