Dr. Jana Petermann
Department of Environment & Biodiversity – University of Salzburg, Hellbrunner Straße 34, A-5020 Salzburg
Tel.: +43 (0)662 8044-5482
Paris-Lodron-University Salzburg, Austria
Since 2016 Associate Professor, Department of Environment and Biodiversity.
2015-2016 Assistant Professor, Department of Environment and Biodiversity.
Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
2011-2015 Junior professor, Institute of Biology.
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
2009-2011 Postdoctoral fellow, Department of Zoology (with Diane Srivastava).
University of Zurich, Switzerland
2005-2009 PhD “On biodiversity in grasslands: coexistence, invasion and multitrophic interactions” at the Institute of Evolutionary Biology and Environmental Studies, University of Zurich (with Bernhard Schmid & Christine Müller) and The Jena Experiment, Germany.
Lincoln University, Christchurch, New Zealand
2002-2003 Diploma thesis “Breeding success and summer foraging behaviour of skylarks on the Canterbury Plains”, New Zealand (with Juliane Filser & Steve Wratten).
University of Bremen, Germany
2001-2003 Postgraduate studies in Biology (Diplom).
Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
2000-2001 Undergraduate studies in Ecology.
Albert-Ludwigs-University, Freiburg Brsg., Germany
1997-1999 Undergraduate studies in Biology.
• Associate editor Journal of Plant Ecology
• Faculty member of Faculty Opinions
• Article reviewing for Ecology Letters, Ecology, Journal of Ecology, Basic and Applied Ecology, Oecologia, Proceedings of the Royal Society B, Oikos, Journal of Plant Ecology, Hydrobiologia, Insect Conservation and Diversity, Ecology and Evolution, Diversity and Distributions, Journal of Biogeography, Agricultural and Forest Entomology, Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, Austral Ecology, Plant and Soil, Ecoscience, Journal of Vegetation Science, Flora, Revista Biologia Tropical
• Swiss National Science Foundation (SNF), German Science Foundation (DFG), Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NOW), Czech Science Foundation, Polish Academy of Sciences, Austrian Academy of Sciences (ÖAW), Sparkling Science (Austria) and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
• Österreichischer Biodiversitätsrat
• Scientific Advisory Board WasserCluster Lunz
• Scientific Advisory Board LTER Austria
• Scientists for future
• Scientific Advisory Board Schimper Stiftung
Ecological Society of Germany, Austria and Switzerland – GfÖ, the Ecological Society of America ESA, Österreichische Entomologische Gesellschaft, NOBIS Austria.