Profile of Religious Studies
- Knowledge of contemporary religious pluralism in the context of worldviews and social dynamics such as secularity
- Independent research on religion in diverse social contexts using cultural science methodology
- Assessment of the media’s portrayal of religion and current trends
- The ability to moderate multi-religious processes
- Competence in the assessment of social conflicts, construction projects, intercultural festivals, interreligious dialogue, fundamentalism, xenophobia, etc.
- A culturally reflexive position of one’s own
Religious scholars are active as …… Experts on issues relating to religion and society, migration and integration … Advisors for cultural and religion-related topics … Journalists and Media Relations … Academic Experts on Religion … Experts on Fundamentalism and Worldviews in the Context of Religion … Specialist speakers in museums and in the cultural sector … Ritual Counsellors, Lecturers, Specialist Speakers … Advisors for churches and other religious communities and much more Start of Studies The Master’s program usually begins in the winter semester. After consultation, it is possible to start in the summer semester. If you have any questions, please contact Assoz.-Prof. Dr. Martin Rötting – Head of the Master’s Program in Religious Studies.
- Religious Studies Salzburg on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ReligiousStudiesSalzburg/
- Subscribe to the Religious Studies Newsletter
- to watch the video, click here
Foto(s): © Orinta Z. Rötting