Since the beginning of 1995 the AG is a digital geology, “software controlled” scanning electron microscope (SEM), type: Leica Stereoscan 430 available, which is equipped with the following detectors:
– SE-Detektor (Oberflächenuntersuchungen)
– BSE-Detektor (Elementkontrastuntersuchungen)
– EDX-Detektor (Elementbestimmung mittels Röntgenstrahlung)
– KL-Detektor (Kathodolumineszenzuntersuchungen)
Construction and operation:
The essential components of an SEM are an electron column, a vacuum sample chamber and the associated detectors systems. Similarly, a filament is heated and excited to emit electrons, a filament (tungsten filament). The electrons are accelerated in the electron column and bundled with magnetic lenses. This produces the primary electron beam which is focused onto an electrically conductive sample in the sample chamber at a high vacuum. Through a line generator, the beam is linewise scanned over the sample. This principle gives the device its name. Thus, the SEM operates similarly to a light microscope. The information provided by each point of the sample is collected with detectors and processed to form an image. The magnification range is repeatedly 20-100000.
– Essentially it is used for illustration rough surfaces – analysis of particulate samples (rock, mineral fragments)
– Micropaleontology (foraminifera, conodonts, etc.) – Analysis of synthetic products (powder) – “Micromounts”
– aerosols – clay minerals, soils, heavy minerals – Materials Analysis (product testing) – Quality assurance (building materials, metals)
– Materials ResearchContract work carried out for:…. Fa Leube, Fa Weberberger Quarzolith, Eternit Fa, Fa Bosch, Gmundner CeramicsThe Department of Geography and Geology combines social and scientific research groups.
The Department of Geography and Geology is responsible for the courses of study Geography and Geology. Together with the Interfaculty Department of Geoinformatics Z_GIS he shares responsibility for the Master Program in Applied Geoinformatics.
REM-Aufnahme eines Conodonten (Ancyrodella)