HKU Summer Institute Cultural Summer Exchange (HKUSI CSE) Fellowship 2023
Students of the world’s leading universities are invited to join this very meaningful programme and become a CSE Fellow to teach in Hong Kong during their summer holiday in 2023. This summer teaching programme (HKUSI CSE) provides a perfect platform for the selected Fellows to teach the Primary 6 to Secondary 2 school students. As a Fellow, you will deliver self-designed lessons, which is a cross-cultural programme that encourages intellectual and cultural exchange amongst all participants using English as the medium of communication. The students will benefit from joining this programme in developing their global identity, values and worldviews.
- Programme period from July 17 to August 4, 2023
- Must attend a 1-week training session on curriculum development and teaching skills
- In collaboration with an assigned HKU Fellow to plan, develop and deliver a 2-weeks programme for students
- Daily classes from approximately 9am to 6pm for Primary 6 to Secondary 2 (Grade6-8) students
- Expected to take care of the students for outing and social activities organized by HKUSI
- A maximum of USD 1,700 reimbursement of round-trip, economy class air ticket from hometown to Hong Kong
- Accommodation at HKU student’s dormitory (shared room) during the programme period
- One-off allowance of USD900
- Guidance and training sessions on developing and delivering lectures or workshops
- Cultural activities in Hong Kong
- Quota: 14
- Currently enrolled students (or recent graduates) in the undergraduate or graduate programmes;
- Fluent, preferably native-English speaker;
- Open-minded and flexible team player, eager to learn about other cultures and share experiences;
- Eager to teach and mentor enthusiastic students;
- Have a good academic standing and demonstrate a rich extra-curricular history;
- Hold a valid passport six months after the end of programme period; and
- Must be fully available between July 17 to August 4, 2023.
Application Link: https://hku.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bIcOAZS3cm7nAG2
About The University of Hong Kong (HKU)
The University of Hong Kong, Asia’s Global University, delivers impact through internationalisation, innovation and interdisciplinarity. It attracts and nurtures global scholars through excellence in research, teaching and learning, and knowledge exchange. It makes a positive social contribution through global presence, regional significance and engagement with the rest of China.
About HKU Summer Institute (HKUSI)
HKU Summer Institute (HKUSI) provides learning opportunities for secondary, undergraduate and postgraduate students from around the world. Our programmes are uniquely designed to allow students to explore their academic interests and career paths while enjoying the summer experience of a lifetime at HKU.
January 25, 2023
Teaching Opportunity:KNU Visiting Scholar Program, Summer 2023
Office of International Affairs, KNU invites international faculty to submit course proposal for 3 week Online Visiting Scholar Program.
Dates: June 22 – July 12, 2023Application Deadline: February 24, 2023
This is a great opportunity for academic staff to get to know us and develop potential research links.
The Office of International Affairs at KNU invites international faculty to submit course proposal for a 3 week Summer Session.Summer Session Dates: June 22 ~ July 12, 2023Teaching Commitment: Each visiting scholar will be required to teach 1 three-credit course (45 hours of class contact) over a period of 3 weeks, which is scheduled as 3-hour classes, 5 times a week (Mon-Fri) via remote instruction. There will be no travelling to Korea.Class Information: We would like to encourage the use of interactive teaching methods to KNU students. Given the short duration, we prefer that students are given handouts, instead of being required to purchase a text book.Format: Remote instruction, Synchronous lectures will be expectedFinancial Arrangements:KNU will provide a stipend of USD $2,500 – (paid at the end of the course)Application Procedure: Please apply online by February 24, 2023.
The selection process will be finalized in mid April and applicants will be informed by email.KNU will try our best to make sure many students enroll in the classes, however, a course may be cancelled if there is insufficient student registration.
Contact: Heejoung Woo, http://en.knu.ac.kr/admission/visiting02.htm
Call for proposals for a crisis support for young scientists from Ukraine of the Christian Doppler Research Association
This call for proposals is intended to support young scientists from Ukraine who had to flee due to the war or who were already in Austria before the war (e.g. with a scholarship) and cannot return and have no other fundings. Funding is available for persons who are conducting research in the thematic area of an active CD Laboratory or JR Centre under the supervision of the respective director for a maximum period of one year.
Further information can be found HERE
A new climate protection project 2021/22/23: “Humus per la Biosfera”
This planned project starts in September and focuses on experiences in sustainable agriculture with biodiversity monitoring and expert’s exchange, accompanied by environmental education for children (i.e. school gardens). We promote humus growth in farms and gardens, in order to bind carbon and enrich the soil’s biodiversity and fertility. For this project, we are searching for students with knowledge in botany, zoology, biological agriculture or related sectors. If you also like didactic activities with children, you are very welcome!
If you want to apply: Simply send us your CV, photo and motivation letter, stating your intentions and the targeted period of the internship.For further information and volunteer reports, please visit the following link.
Application deadline: Ongoing call depending on vacant placements