Consultation hour : by arrangement
Research group :
- University of Salzburg: Venia docendi in Psychology
- University of Salzburg: Ph.D. in Psychology (Dr.rer.nat.)
- University of Salzburg: Master in Psychology (Mag.rer.nat.)
- Head of the Neuroimaing and Brain Stimulation Methods Unit, Centre for Cognitive Neuroscience, Paris Lodron University Salzburg.
- Co-Head (together with Univ. Prof-. Dr. Florian Hutzler)of the Research group Neurocognition Lab, Department of Psychology & Centre for Cognitive Neuroscience, Paris Lodron University Salzburg.
- Scientific Head of the MRI Research Unit, Neuroscience Institute, Christian Doppler University Hospital, Paracelsus Medical University
My main research interest is a better understanding of the relationship between cognitive processes and functional and structural neuroantomy. In particular, I am investigating this relationship in the context of altered cognitive processing and behavior in brain diseases in neurological patients and in mental disorders such as schizophrenia, addictive behavior and mood disorders, but also in developmental and learning disorders such as dyslexia. For this purpose, I work primarily with functional and structural magnetic resonance imaging data. I am also implementing new methodological developments in functional and structural MRI and supporting other research groups in the implementation and analysis of MRI studies in cognitive neuroscience.
- Uscătescu, L. C., Said-Yürekli, S., Kronbichler, L., Stelzig-Schöler, R., Pearce, B. G., Reich, L. A., … & Kronbichler, M. (2021). Reduced intrinsic neural timescales in schizophrenia along posterior parietal and occipital areas. NPJ schizophrenia, 7(1), 1-8.
- Fernández-Cabello, S., Kronbichler, M., Van Dijk, K. R., Goodman, J. A., Spreng, R. N., Schmitz, T. W., & Alzheimer’s Disease Neuroimaging Initiative. (2020). Basal forebrain volume reliably predicts the cortical spread of Alzheimer’s degeneration. Brain, 143(3), 993-1009.
- Kronbichler, L., Tschernegg, M., Martin, A. I., Schurz, M., & Kronbichler, M. (2017). Abnormal brain activation during theory of mind tasks in schizophrenia: a meta-analysis. Schizophrenia bulletin, 43(6), 1240-1250.
- Crone, J. S., Schurz, M., Höller, Y., Bergmann, J., Monti, M., Schmid, E., … & Kronbichler, M. (2015). Impaired consciousness is linked to changes in effective connectivity of the posterior cingulate cortex within the default mode network. Neuroimage, 110, 101-109.
- Wimmer, H., Ludersdorfer, P., Richlan, F., & Kronbichler, M. (2016). Visual experience shapes orthographic representations in the visual word form area. Psychological Science, 27(9), 1240-1248.