Data Science, Statistics, Stochastics
The research of the department Data Science, Statistics, Stochastics (DSSS) focuses on nonparametric inference, methodology for multivariate data, dependence modeling and copulas, frequent pattern mining and artificial neural networks. The members of the department conduct research on theoretical issues as well as on applied, interdisciplinary projects with colleagues from medicine and life sciences, economics and social sciences, geosciences, and computer sciences.
Various international collaborations have been established with colleagues from Göttingen, Dortmund, Berlin, Munich (GER), Almería (ES), Padova, Salento (IT), Kentucky (US).The DSSS department is very successful in acquiring third-party funding and hosts the IDA Lab Salzburg, an interdisciplinary research center focusing on applied collaborations with companies.
- Bathke, Arne, Univ.-Prof. Dipl.-Math. Dr.
- Borgelt, Christian, Univ.-Prof. Dipl.-Inform. Dr.-Ing.
- Trutschnig, Wolfgang, Univ.-Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.
Postdoc(s) / Senior Scientists
- Ansari, Jonathan, Dr.
- Fuchs, Sebastian, Dr.
- Hirländer, Simon, Dipl.-Ing. Dr. BSc.
- Kovacs-Györi, Anna, Dr. MSc.
- Prinz, Thomas, Mag. Dr.
- Ruprecht, Ulrike, Mag. Dr.
- Zimmermann, Georg, Dr. BA, MSc.
- Baron, Sebastian, Bsc., MSc.
- Beck, Jonas, MSc.
- Dietrich, Nicolas, MSc.
- Kiefel, Maximilian, MSc.
- Kutil, Raoul-Hugo, BSc., MSc.
- Tschimpke, Marco, BSc., MSc.
- Zeng, Sebastian, MSc.
Project Staff / Associated