COVID-19 – online enrolment – summer semester 2021
Dear Future Students,
due to the current COVID-19 situation, the enrolment for all study programs will be completed online. Please read the following information carefully and act accordingly. We require complete documents to enrol you quickly and efficiently for your chosen study program. Documents will be checked to see if an enrolment is possible. Missing documents have to submitted subsequently and thus will lead to a delay in your enrolment.
Please follow these steps:
- Fill out the online pre-registration
- Please contact us to inform us about the completion of the online pre-registration
Please send us the following as pdf-files:
- Valid passport or ID-Card
- School Leaving Certificate / Graduation Certificate (i.e. proof of university entrance qualification to study the chosen subject). If you have already graduated from a university degree program, please submit your final examination certificate / diploma supplement
- Notice of award of your Academic Qualification
- School transcripts of every year, if your chosen study has additional requirements (Latin, Greek or Biology)
- Proof of language proficiency in reference to language of instruction of the chosen program according to the rectorate’s decree if the language was not taught at school.
- Certificate of change of name (if documents are issued for different names, e.g. marriage certificate)
- Please attach a certified German or English translations if documents are issued in different languages.
- Leaving Certificate “Abgangsbescheinigung” in case of transfer to the same study program from another Austrian university
- If applicable, proof of your Austrian social security number (e.g. e-card)
- letter of admission by the University of Salzburg, if already issued
The staff of the Office of Admissions will contact you via e-mail after checking your documents and will confirm the online enrolment or inform you about the missing documents.
Due to the current lockdown decreed by the government, personal appointments at the Office of Admissions are limited to the minimum amount. All employees can be reached via the contact form. We will answer your requests as quickly as possible. If a personal appointment is inevitable, please make an individual appointment.
Entry into Austria
Currently, entry regulations for Austria are in operation due to the corona virus. Please observe the mandatory regulations for entering Austria by the Federal Ministry for Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection.
Detailed information can be found on the homepage by the Federal Ministry for Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection as well as in the Covid-19 entry regulations.
Detailed information about the current lockdown can be found in the Covid-19 decree by the Federal Ministry for Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection.
STUDENTS FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF SALZBURG CAN REQUEST THE FOLLOWING SERVICES VIA contact form
please make sure that you write from your university e-mail address stating your matriculation number and birth date:
- Enrolment for additional or advanced study programs (e.g. Applications for the enrolment for master’s or doctorate’s program)
- Transfer to a new version of the curriculum
- Applications for the exemption of tuition fees along with the required confirmation