The main library has been open with restrictions since April 27th, 2020.
NEW: The library of social sciences has been open since May 18th, 2020 (only for students and staff).
All other libraries remain closed.
We kindly ask you to observe the following information regarding library use:
- Since April 27, 2020, books can be borrowed from the main library and from May 18, 2020 at the library of Social Sciences for students and staff (teachers, scientists) of the University of Salzburg.
- Since Monday, June 8, 2020, ordering, borrowing and returning media has been possible for all non-university library users (i.e. general / external library users).
- It is possible to order / borrow physical media from all locations of the university library.
- Borrowed media can be returned at the lending office of the main library and at the library of Social Sciences.
Note: The media will only be booked back after a quarantine period of 7 days.
- Returns by MAIL:
It is now possible to return borrowed works by mail.
The following points should be noted here –
exclusively to the address:
University library Salzburg
Hofstallgasse 2-4, 5020 Salzburg
Please pay attention to sufficient franking (Postage costs may be prescribed to your user account). Liability for damage or loss is yours.
- All borrowed books (even if reserved) will be extended for the entire closing time. Current due date: June 22, 2020 Automatic renewals are no longer carried out.
- ATTENTION: Reminder fees may apply again from June 22, 2020. Please pay any incurred reminder fees before March 16, 2020
- There are no new reminder and overdraft fees during the closing time or they are canceled for the duration of the closing.
- All other libraries remain closed..
- Reservations for borrowed books are retained. Provisions remain until one week after resumption of operations.
- The book return box in front of the entrance to the main library can be used. All other return boxes from other locations cannot currently be used.
- Interlibrary loans are not available.
- From June 8th 2020 library cards for non-university users will be issued again.
To reset your password please send an email to ub-support (at) sbg.ac.at
- Library tours, workshops and events are cancelled.
CURRENT INFORMATION FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF SALZBURG ON THE CORONA VIRUS CAN BE FOUND ON THE HOMEPAGE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF SALZBURG.