News and updates
Z_GIS is active on various social media channels. Keep an eye on them to get important and interesting news about research, teaching and events.
The Department of Geoinformatics offers a scientific senior researcher position within the research group “ Geo-Social Analytics Lab”.
- Collaboration in international research projects
- Acquisition of research funding (conceiving and writing grant proposals)
- Project lead and supervision
- Research in geospatial machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Analysis of user-generated data like geo-social media posts or physiological measurements, information fusion
- Semantic topic modelling using AI methods
- Sentiment Analysis (emotion and opinion mining in text data)
- Application contexts: disaster management, humanitarian aid, epidemiology, urban planning
The researcher will join a multidisciplinary team of researchers and educators in the field of Geographic Information Science and Geoinformatics.
- Start of the position: ASAP
- Duration of contract: 2 years (extension possible and envisaged)
- Weekly working hours: 30-40 h
- Professional level:
- Preferred: postdoctoral (holding a PhD degree)
- Possible: predoctoral (holding an MSc degree) with exceptional qualification
- Working hours: to be arranged
Candidates are required to hold a degree in the field of artificial intelligence, data science, geoinformatics, computer science, information management or a related discipline. Moreover, an excellent research and publication record, and the ability to work independently and in teams are mandatory.
Details see pdf: English | German
If you are interested in this position, please contact Prof. Dr. Bernd Resch () or by phone: +43-662-8044-7551.
Studienergänzung „Geographische Informationssysteme (GIS)“ – was ist das?
Manfred Mittlböck stellt das Programm in der neusten Uni-Blog Folge kurz vor.