Fu Jen Catholic University, Taipei
Fu Jen Catholic University (FJU, FJCU or Fu Jen; Chinese: 天主教輔仁大學 or 輔仁大學) is a private Catholic university in Xinzhuang, New Taipei City, Taiwan. The university was founded in 1925 in Beijing at the request of Pope Pius XI and re-established in Taiwan in 1961 at the request of Pope John XXIII, its name means “assistance” and “benevolence”. Fu Jen University has since grown to comprise twelve colleges and schools, among which are several Taiwan’s first or only academic units, such as Italian language, info-management, museology, religious studies, philosophy as well as hosts the earliest A&HCI journal in the whole country. The campus is served by Fu Jen University Station, Taiwan’s first metro station named after a university.
Fu Jen is the oldest Catholic and Jesuit-affiliated institution of higher education in the Sinophone world, under the direct authority of the Congregation for Catholic Education of the Holy See. It is also a non-state actor of Track II diplomacy in the Holy See–Taiwan relations. Therefore, Fu Jen has special importance internationally and is known for its strong ties with the Roman Curia. In the past nearly one hundred years of history, the Benedictine, the Verbites, and the Jesuits from all over the world have participated in the management of the university (Source: Wikipedia Link)