MORE-Program for refugees
The University of Salzburg has introduced a series of measures to give those entitled to asylum, asylum seekers and displaced Ukrainians access to university education. This is offered within the framework of the MORE project of Universities Austria (UNIKO). You can find our course program at https://www.plus.ac.at/sprachenzentrum/kurse-am-sprachenzentrum/
New: Ukrainian refugees can participate in the regular MORE program of the Language Centre and attend German courses free of charge. A quota of places is reserved for MORE students in our German as second language courses.
MORE-Program for Refugees
The MORE-Program at the Language Centre
- MORE-Students (Asylum seekers and displaced Ukrainians) can participate in the regular course program of the Language Centre.
- Registration is possible for MORE-Students during the early registration period.
- Please see the general information on registration and the current course program here.
- In the course of the MORE program, we have also expanded the German as a second language section of the Language Centre’s media library. Our participants can find a variety of materials (textbooks, practice materials, reference books, … in printed and digital form).
- We cooperate with the Diversity Team of the City of Salzburg, among others, in order to facilitate the arrival of new immigrants in Salzburg (https://willkommen-in-salzburg.at/).
How can I register for the MORE-Program at the PLUS?
At the Language Centre, MORE participants can register for German courses during the early deadline. Information can be found under Courses at the Language Centre -> Course Registration and Advising. A contingent of places is reserved for MORE students in our courses.
Please note: In order to participate, you must register for the MORE program at the PLUS. Assistance is provided by MORE by Students, the program of the Austrian Student Union. If you also attend courses at the Language Centre in the following semesters, the Language Centre or the ÖH (Austrian Students Union) will help you with further registration.
The MORE-Program at the PLUS
The MORE-program at the Language Centre is part of the MORE-program at the Paris-Lodron-University of Salzburg. For more Information on further courses within the framework of the MORE-program at the PLUS can be found here: More4Refugees
Support services for displaced Ukrainians offered by the PLUS
On this page you will find the PLUS support services for Ukrainian students and staff:
photos: © Christian Gruber Ι Simon Haigemoser