5 steps for a successful start into your Master’s program
In order to become a master’s student at the PLUS, you have to be admitted. The admission includes the following steps:
- Submit an application for admission at the Office of Admission or complete the qualitative selection process
- Appointment for the personal enrolment
- Complete the personal enrolment at the Office of Admissions
- Activate your student’s account at the PLUS, check the tuition fee information and pay the tuition fee.
- Register for courses and lectures
If you are already a student at the PLUS, please contact the Office of Admissions: contact form
Step 1 – Submit the application for admission
Before enrolling at the PLUS, please get in contact with the Office of Admissions. They will check whether your completed Bachelor’s or Diploma program (national or international, completed at a university or University of Applied Sciences) is eligible for the admission to a master’s degree. Proceed with step 2 once you have received a letter of admission.
The following link shows a list of all master’s programs including a qualitative selection process: Link
Step 2 – Appointment for the personal enrolment
The appointment for the personal enrolment is your first step to begin your studies! You will register online and enter your personal data. Please complete this step only if you have never studied at the PLUS.
You may only make an appointment, if:
- You have been in contact with the Office of Admissions about your application for the master’s/doctoral program
- You are enrolled at another Austrian university and want to co-register for the first time at the PLUS
Step 3 – Personal enrolment
The personal enrolment takes place at the Office of Admissions.
Please bring the following original documents to your appointment:
- Valid identification – i.e. passport or ID Card
- Degree completion certificates (i.e.Diploma and Transcript)
- Certificate on additional exam (if required for the intended study program)
- Letter of admission (if received)
- Certificate on the change of name (if some certificates are issued for a different name; i.e. marriage certificate)
- Confirmation of dis-enrolment (if you change to the PLUS from another Austrian university)
- Proof of social insurance number, if you are insured in Austria; (i.e. SV-Card, E-Card)
At the personal enrolment, you will receive the PIN-Code required to activate your student’s account along with all platforms by the PLUS, as well as your student’s card.
Step 4 – Activate PIN and pay tuition fee
Activate Pin-Code: the video shows the instruction on how to activate the PIN-code, which you receive at your personal enrolment. (subtitles available in English).
Pay tuition fees: Once the enrolment has been completed, you have to pay the tuition fee. This is a requirement to become a student and register for courses and exams. The video shows the instruction on how to pay the fee (subtitles available in English).
Once the money has been transferred, you can print out the enrolment confirmation and validate your student’s card at the card printers (Servicepoints).
Step 5 – course registration
Course registration is done in PLUSonline. You will find details on which courses to choose in your curriculum (study plan). Please note that you can register for courses only once the Student’s Union fee or tuition fee has been transferred to the account of the University.
- Instructions on how to register for courses can also be found here. Access to this link is only available if you have an activated student’s account for PLUSonline (see step 3)
- E-Plattform Blackboard: Access to this platform is only activated once you have registered for a course using Blackboard and have a confirmed place on the course (no waiting list place!). The Blackboard account is created automatically within 2 hours after the registration. On this platform, you will also find the PLUSorientiert modules.