What is interlibrary loan?
- Literature that is not available in Salzburg can be ordered by interlibrary loan from other libraries in Austria and abroad.
Is there a charge for interlibrary loans?
There is a charge for interlibrary loans:
- Books that can be obtained in Austria € 2,–.
- Books that have to be ordered from abroad € 10,–.
- Copies* that can be obtained in Austria € 5,–
- Copies* that have to be procured from abroad € 5,–
* Amounts apply to 1-20 pages; additional copies will be charged according to the actual costs incurred
How to order?
- Please check first in UBsearch if the work is available in Salzburg.
- For article orders, please check first if the journal is available in the EZB.
- If your desired work is not available, please log in to UBsearch and then click on the button “Interlibrary Loan” in the top menu.
- Fill out the form as completely as possible (fields marked with * are mandatory).
What is the expected delivery time?
- A large part of the ordered literature is delivered within 1-2 weeks.
- In some cases, however, the delivery time may be shorter or significantly longer.
- As soon as the interlibrary loan has arrived, you will be notified immediately by e-mail.
Where do I check out and return interlibrary loans?
- Interlibrary loans are borrowed and returned in the “Lending & Information” section of the main library Hofstallgasse.
Lending conditions and loan period
- The lending conditions and the loan period are determined by the lending library and therefore vary.
- The loan period is usually 4 weeks.
- An extension of the loan period beyond this period must be requested in time from the Information & Counseling Department/Main Library Hofstallgasse.
- It is possible that the lending library only allows the use of the item on the premises (reading rooms) of the University Library.