What is Open Access?
Open access refers to free access to scientific publications and research data on the Internet. This means that interested parties can read, download, copy, distribute, print, search in, refer to, and otherwise use the full texts in every conceivable legal way.
Advantages of Open Access
- high visibility
- full text searchability
- indexing in search engines
- larger readership
- increased citation rate
- allocation of persistent identifiers
- stable addressing and permanent citability
- faster dissemination, networking and circulation of knowledge
- better reproducibility of results
- open access