Roles and functions
- Head: GIScience Division
- Member of Austrian Academy of Sciences
- Speaker: Doktoratskolleg Geographic Information Science
Integrating methods and domain knowledge into spatial analysis and GIS-based spatial decision support systems. Technically, I contribute to bridging object-based image analysis and Geographic Information Science (GIScience).
Main PhD supervisions
- Mona Bartling: The impact of map use context on the design of mobile maps
- Sansar Raj Meena: Rapid generation of event-based landslide inventory and susceptibility assessment using state of the art approaches
- Omid Ghorbanzadeh Evaluation of knowledge-based and machine learning models for Earth Observation and Geoinformatics applications
- Daniel Hölbling: Object-based image analysis for integrated landslide mapping
- Thimmaiah Gudiyangada Nachappa: Geoinformatics methods for multi-hazards susceptibility mapping and assessment
- Lixia Chu: Assessing the influence of human activities on terrestrial environmental variables using big Earth observation data
- Lixia Chu: Assessing the influence of human activities on terrestrial environmental variables using big earth observation data
- Anna Kovács-Győri: Defining and assessing urban livability – A GIScience perspective
- Emmanuel Papadakis: Bridging place and space in GIScience. Formalization and integration of place in Geographic Information Systems
- Arthur Lehner: Remote Sensing Derived Building Structure and Parameters for Urban Planning Applications
- Isabel Georg: A multi-source Geodata approach to spatially delimit urban corridors – Unified concept and global analysis
- Gyula Kothencz: Data and information development methodologies for green urban area optimisation
- Johannes Kapser: Modeling of thermal lifts: Techniques for mining thermal eddies from aerial movement Data
- Chunzhu Wei: Multi-scale spatial analysis methods from neighborhood to megacity
- Pablo Cabrera Barona: A multidisciplinary spatial framework for health inequalities analysis with emphasis on deprivation and healthcare accessibility
- Ivan Tomljenović: Transferable and Robust Building Extraction from Airborne Laser Scanning Data Using Object-Based Image Analysis Paradigm
- Diana Maria Contreras: Spatial indicators of recovery after earthquakes
- Eva Haslauer: GIS-based Backcasting: An innovative method for parameterization of sustainable spatial Planning and resource management
- Michael Hagenlocher: Integrated spatial indicators for modeling, exploring and visualizing vulnerability to vector-borne diseases
- Sebastian d’Oleire-Oltmanns: Monitoring soil erosion in the Souss Basin, Morocco, with a multiscale object-based remote sensing approach using UAV and satellite data
- Bakhtiar Feizizadeh: Uncertainty, sensitivity and fuzzy sets in GIS Multi Criteria Decision Analysis
- Ingrid Schardinger: Räumliche Modellierung und Optimierung regionaler Energiesysteme
- Clemens Eisank: An object-based workflow for integrating spatial scale and semantics to derive landforms from Digital Elevation Models
- Günther Sagl: Spatio-temporal analyses of environmental and social in situ sensor data
- Lubna Rafiq: Earth observation for disaster risk reduction in Pakistan.
- Dulal Roy: Flood risk and vulnerability assessment and mitigation plans for Bangladesh – A GIS based approach.
- Alam Khan: Remote sensing of aerosol characteristics and radiative forcing in Pakistan.
- John Richard Otukei: Monitoring animal preserves with Radar remote sensing data. A case study of Bwindi Impenetrable National, Uganda.
- Stefan Kienberger: Spatial vulnerability assessment: methodology for the community and district level applied to floods in Búzi, Mozambique.
- Dirk Tiede: Bridging remote sensing and GIS – from rapid information extraction to 3D GIS visualisation.
- Andreas Lermann: Military utilization of satellite navigation for European Armed Forces.
- Hermann Klug: Holistic landscape planning using a transdisciplinary German speaking Leitbild methodology.
- Stefan Lang: Image objects and landscape objects. Interpretation, hierarchical representation and significance.
- Tobias Langanke: Monitoring strategies for European nature conservation. Object based image processing and structural analysis.