Welcome to Salzburg!
20th Meeting of Austrian Botanists
*** Registration and Call for Abstracts for oral presentations and/or posters has been extended until AUGUST 22nd!!! ***
The 20th Meeting of Austrian Botanists will take place in Salzburg from September, 22nd to 25th 2022! We are optimistic that the meeting will take place in presence and we are looking forward to meeting you in Salzburg.
It is the tradition of the Austrian Botanical community to link fundamental botanical research with applied research and also timely topics relevant for plant conservation biology. We also link universities and research institution with the large citizen science community and everyone that enjoys the plant diversity in Central Europe and Austria in particular – everyone is invited for a fruitful exchange of ideas and networking.
The 20th Meeting of Austrian Botanists is jointly organized by the Haus der Natur Salzburg, the Department of Environment and Biodiversity at the Paris Lodron University Salzburg and the Province of Salzburg.
Scientific committee: Haus der Natur (HdN) / Department of Environment and Biodiversity (UmBio): Karin Gross (UmBio), Anja Hörger (UmBio), Hans Peter Comes (UmBio), Helmut Wittmann (HdN), Peter Pilsl (HdN), Andreas Tribsch (UmBio)
- 22nd SEPTEMBER 2022 – Haus der Natur Salzburg, Museum für Natur & Technik, Museumsplatz 5020 Salzburg
- 23th & 24th SEPTEMBER 2022 – Natur- und Lebenswissenschaftliche Fakultät (NWL), Hellbrunner Straße 34, 5020 Salzburg
- 25th SEPTEMBER 2022 – Excursion to the Purtschellerhaus on the north side of the Hohen Göll; Berchtesgaden Alps
EXKURSION: The excursion must be booked separately (A simple email is enough!) – from 09:00 am to ca. 17:00 pm – Rossfeldstraße/Purtschellerhaus – 30€, students 10€ (depending on the number of participants) – identity card/passport needed
- Language German and English
- Talk 15 min + 5 min Discussion
- Poster in upright format with max. A0 desired
- Participation fee 80 € and 40 € for students, Excursion additionally 40 €
- Workshops: biodiversity data – digitalization – survey – administration / botanical biodiversity conservation / Curators meeting
- by train – from the main station with trolleybus line 3 to Faistauergasse. PDFs and link for further information: https://www.salzburg-ag.at/bus-bahn/stadtverkehr/obus-albus.html.
- by plane – From Salzburg Airport trolleybus line 10 via Zentrum (change to bus line 3, 8 and 14) in the direction of “Salzburg Süd” or “Polizeidirektion” to Faistauergasse.
- by car – During the conference it will be possible to park your car in the Uni Garage (Hellbrunner Straße 34, 5020 Salzburg). Parking spaces in downtown Salzburg are expensive and rare. Please check with your hotel if parking is available there. Otherwise we recommend the P&R lots on the outskirts of the city.
- Guesthouse – Students who need a room on a transitional basis or people who are in contact with academic training relationships can book their accommodation at the Guesthouse Salzburg https://guesthouse.at/de/.
- Youth hostels – https://www.salzburg.info/de/hotels-angebote/unterkunft/jugendherberge?randSeed=480&showMap=1&zoom=13&bounds%5Bsouth%5D=47.76084568272956&bounds%5Bwest%5D=12.948264377308618&bounds%5Bnorth%5D=47.83326349777414&bounds%5Beast%5D=13.15769125719143.
- Hotels, guesthouses & inns – A complete hotel plan ( location, facilities, prices): https://www.salzburg.info/de/hotels-angebote/buchen?towns%5B%5D=104.