Welcome to Salzburg!
20th Meeting of Austrian Botanists
The 20th Meeting of Austrian Botanists will take place in Salzburg from September, 22nd to 25th 2022! We are optimistic that the meeting will take place in presence and we are looking forward to meeting you in Salzburg.
It is the tradition of the Austrian Botanical community to link fundamental botanical research with applied research and also timely topics relevant for plant conservation biology. We also link universities and research institution with the large citizen science community and everyone that enjoys the plant diversity in Central Europe and Austria in particular – everyone is invited for a fruitful exchange of ideas and networking.
The 20th Meeting of Austrian Botanists is jointly organized by the Haus der Natur Salzburg, the Department of Environment and Biodiversity at the Paris Lodron University Salzburg and the Province of Salzburg.
Scientific committee: Haus der Natur (HdN) / Department of Environment and Biodiversity (UmBio): Karin Gross (UmBio), Hans Peter Comes (UmBio), Helmut Wittmann (HdN), Peter Pilsl (HdN), Andreas Tribsch (UmBio)
Preliminary Programm and key information:
- Language (German and English)
- Talk (15 min) or poster (5 min) is encouraged
- Participation fee (ca. 80 € and 40 € for students)
- Workshops: biodiversity data – digitalization – survey – administration / botanical biodiversity conservation / Curators meeting
Please contact us for further suggestions!
- Info about excursions: follow!
- Flyer – Meeting of Austrian Botanists 2022
- Housing – we recommend: see (follow!)
Deadline: 1th August 2022