University of Salzburg grant for attending conferences/congresses/symposia/workshops abroad during dissertation studies
Type of grant:
The University of Salzburg allocates subsidies to doctoral these students who wish to visit conferences/ congresses/ symposia/ workshops abroad.
Doctoral students at the University of Salzburg who do not have a service contract at the university.
- Active doctoral studies at the University of Salzburg and no completion of a PhD at either an Austrian or foreign university.
- The successful completion of at least two semesters in the doctoral study programme is required before issue of the grant.
- Active participation (own lecture, presentation, poster presentation, formal discussion of a topic, leading a convention or section).
- Maximum duration of the event is one week, including travel days to and from the event.
- Events with a predominant training motivation i.e. courses, summer schools etc. is not fundable.
- Centre of vital interests in Austria.
- There will be no funding for events in the country of the applicant’s citizenship.
- Applicants cannot have a service contract with the University of Salzburg (no funding for project staff or lecturers).
- An applicant can only receive funding for one convention visit per year of study; up to a maximum of two events of the course of the PhD.
- Application form (download from the website for the International Relations Office).
- Up-to-date record of studies from PLUSonline
- Copy of transcript from PLUSonline
- Convention programme
- Confirmation of acceptance signed by the organiser for the intended presentation contribution.
- Abstract of the contribution
- Complete cost breakdown and financial plan
- Confirmation from the responsible authority at the faculty department that the convention will be approved as an extra activity within the doctoral study programme
- Written reference from the theses advisor.
The following items will be funded:
Travel and accommodation expenses, as well as convention fees.
The grant is first issued after the trip is complete and the receipts have been presented. The payment will be made according to the travel guidelines of the University of Salzburg (Mitteilungsblatt Nr. 248 vom 01.03.2022). Grants will be issued for the aforementioned costs; no full scholarships granted.
Other expenses will not be funded, for example expendable items and laboratory materials, IT hardware and software, literature, costs of communication.
The grants are issued within the framework of a private sector administration and are subject to the coverage of the relevant budget. There is no legal entitlement to the grant.
International Relations Department, Sigmund-Haffner-Gasse 18, 2nd Floor, 5020 Salzburg
31st January, 30th June
We will happily provide you with more information – please contact:
Dott.ssa Elona Memisha-Schnappinger
Coordinator for Incoming and Outgoing Mobilities worldwide
International Relations Department
Sigmund-Haffner-Gasse 18, 2. Stock
A – 5020 Salzburg
Web: University of Salzburg Grant Programs