Z_GIS R&D participates in a diversified project-scape, ranging from EU Horizon 2020 tender and funding programmes over nationally and institutionally funded projects including fellowships to bilateral funding agreements with UN organisations and NGOs. The department has served over forty different research programmes and funding schemes.
© EO Research group Z_GIS
Our global network of partners from academia and industry serves as a strong platform for joint research and exchange of students and faculty – supporting the worldwide geospatial community and fostering awareness of the spatial dimension of social and natural phenomena.
- Sen2Cube.at – Sentinel-2 Semantic Data and Information Cube Austria
- Cophub.AC – Copernicus Academy Hub for Knowledge, Innovation and Outreach
- ActNow – Allianz Aktive Mobilität
- UNCHAIN – Unpacking climate impact CHAINs. A new generation of action- and user-oriented climate change risk assessments
- On-Demand – Planungstool für öffentliche Mobilitätsangebote
- MontEO – The impact of mass movements on alpine trails and huts assessed by EO data
- comm-unity – Connecting commuters
- Bike2CAV: Entwicklung und Validierung von Methoden zur Kollisionsvermeidung von RadfahrerInnen durch Fahrzeug-zu-X-Kommunikation
- SINUS – Sensor Integration for Urban Risk Prediction
- GeoSHARING – Analysing Geo-social Media using Geospatial Machine Learning to Support Humanitarian Decision-making
- Urban Emotions – Extracting Contextual Emotion Information for Spatial Planning; Real-time “People as Sensors and Social Media”
- AIFER – Artificial intelligence for analysis and fusion of remote sensing and internet data for decision support in emergency management
- Spatio-temporal epidemiology of emerging viruses
- Humans Sensors – How user-generated data can be used for citizen-centric urban planning
- Salzburg Music Map – An extensive data collection on the spatio-temporal distribution of music and musical practices in the city of Salzburg
Find more projects at Z_GIS research areas or PLUS-PURE.