Promotion of Articles and Monographs
Conditions of eligibility
- Active employment relationship with the University of Salzburg
- In case of co-authorship: submitting or corresponding author
- The publication is already in the review process or has been accepted by the publisher.
Click here for the complete funding guidlines.
Requirements for a funded publication of a journal article
- The journal in which you are publishing is listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals.
- Maximum funding amount: € 2.000,–.
- In the case of open access journals published at PLUS, payment or reimbursement of publication fees will be made up to a maximum of € 2,000 per journal per year.
- The prerequisite is that the article is published under a Creative Commons licence.
- Hybrid publications [see Hybrid Open Access & Offsetting]
(release of articles in journals requiring subscription) can be funded if the publisher offsets the publication fee against the subscription fee in an appropriate manner.
Requirements for a subsidized publication of a monograph, an anthology and a contribution in collective works
- Appropriate peer review on the part of the publisher is available.
- Maximum grant for open access monographs: € 8,000,–.
- Maximum grant for open access contributions in collective works: € 2,000.,–.
- In the case of an embargo period, this may not exceed one year.
- If you are interested, please send your application together with the abstract and preprint or the accepted manuscript of the publication using the application form to .
- Checking according to formal aspects is done by the university library.