Esther-Sevil Eigl, MSc.
Department of Psychology
Hellbrunner Strasse 34, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Tel.: +43 662 80445137
Consultation hour: by arrangement
Research group: Laboratory for Sleep and Consciousness Research
- Since 01/2020 Phd candidate at the University of Salzburg, Department of Psychology, Laboratory for Sleep and Consciousness Research
- 2016-2019 Studies of Psychology (Master of Science, MSc) at the University of Salzburg, Austria
- 2011-2016 Studies of Psycholgoy (Bachelor of Science, BSc) at the University of Salzburg, Austria
Since 01/2020 research assistant within the Phd programme at the University of Salzburg, Department of Psychology, Laboratory for Sleep and Consciousness Research
I am particularly interested in the treatment of sleep disorders, especially in the treatment of insomnia. I use behavioral data and electrophysiological methods to investigate the effectiveness of non-pharmacological treatment programs and to find out in how far sleep can be improved by different interventions. Progress in this area has implications for the treatment of sleep disorders and can help to identify so far unknown underlying mechanisms. A further area of interest of mine is the development and the evaluation of digital treatment alternatives.
- Eigl- E.S., Urban, L., & Schabus, M. (in prep.) Eine niederschwellige Schlaf-Intervention zur Verbesserung der Schlafqualität sowie des Wohlbefindens.
- Schabus, M., Eigl, ES. „Jetzt Sprichst Du!“. Paediatr. Paedolog. 56, 170–177 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00608-021-00909-2
- Topalidis, P., Florea, C., Eigl, E.-S., Kurapov, A., Leon, C. A. B., & Schabus, M. (2021). Evaluation of a low-cost commercial actigraph and its potential use in detecting cultural variations in physical activity and sleep. Sensors, 21(11), 3774. https://doi.org/10.3390/s21113774