DIVISION OF SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY
Our Social Psychology Team
PLUSTRACK – Project
PLUSTRACK is a research project funded (originally under the name On Track!) by the BMBWF and the University of Salzburg.
As the Division of Social Psychology, we are devoted to reseach processes of motivational cognition and transfer our knowledge into practice.
We train our students in depth social-psychological theories and teach them practical skills on social interactions in bussiness and society.
Division of Social Psychology
In the Divisiont of Social Psychology, we devote ourselves to researching processes of motivated social cognition (see “Our Research“), as well as to the transfer of our knowledge into practice (see “Social Interaction in Practice“). In our studies and teaching, we train students in depth in social-psychological theories and phenomena and teach them practical skills on the subject of social interactions in business and society (see “Studies and teaching“).
- Perception, experience and dealing with psychological threats
- Testing and improvement of the General Process Model of Threat and Defense
- Identifying neural correlates of threat perception
- Developing interventions to encourage constructive response to threats
- Basic research on social interactions
- Transfer from basic research to application in real interactions
- Mechanisms of action of counseling formats
- Psychological processes in change processes
- Research on consulting formats such as coaching, mentoring and training
- Support for students as part of PLUSTRACK
- Social Cognition
- Cognitive Fluency
- Mental Representations
- Level of Construction
- Consumer Psychology
You can find more information on the research topics and focal points on the relevant subpages.