ERASMUS | Study Abroad UK
Please submit applications for Erasmus stays and study abroad visits to the UK in the 2024/25 academic year by 31 January 2024.
Applications received after this date will be accepted on a rolling basis and remaining places will be allocated subject to availability (taking into account the application deadlines of the partner universities).
Information on Erasmus or UK programmes and nomination: +
Information on Erasmus grants:
Information on financial support for studying abroad in the UK (PLUS Study Abroad Grant):
The Department of English and American Studies currently cooperates with over 20 Erasmus partner universities in Europe (see List of Partner Universities – Department of English and American Studies), at which students can complete a study abroad period of one or two semesters per cycle of study. Information about the individual partner institutions can be found on their respective websites. For further information about the mobility programmes, please contact the department members listed below.
- Research our partner universities through their websites and select three universities for your application.
Most universities have a dedicated page for Erasmus or International Students (usually under International Office, Study Abroad Office, Foreign Students Office).
- Fill in our department’s application form and along with a brief letter of motivation in English (max. approx. 250-300 words) submit it to Christopher Herzog (, 3.252) by 15 January in the year before you would like to take part in the exchange (you are registering then for the following academic year).
- You will be nominated by the Academic Coordinator to study at one of our partner universities. Places are allocated according to availability and academic achievement.
- Wait for the partner university to confirm your nomination and send you information on their application process. Then complete all of the host institution’s application requirements. Please note that application deadlines vary for each institution.
- Complete all forms required by our university’s International Relations Office, according to their guidelines.
Please contact Christopher Herzog () prior your Erasmus semester, to have your course selection approved and ensure that credits earned at the partner institution will be transferred accordingly once you return.
Erasmus Office Hours by appointment. Please contact:
- General advice and information (Outgoing): Mag. Dr. Christopher Herzog (), Mag. Julia Hartinger (), Mag. Irmgard Delpos ()
- Submission of application forms (Outgoing): Christopher Herzog
- Guidance course selection (Learning Agreements) and credit transfer: Christopher Herzog
- Support and guidance for incoming students: Julia Hartinger, Christopher Herzog
For Department staff:
Formular/Bestätigung: zusätzliche ECTS für Erasmus-Incomings