The application process consists of three steps:
- Internal application at the Univ. Salzburg: Apply for a place at the partner university by contacting the responsible academic ERASMUS coordinator at the respective department (see Erasmus+/SEMP Place List). Use the E+ application form part 1. Each coordinator determines the criteria for the allocation of places him/herself and is also responsible for your nomination in Mobility Online and at the partner university.
Whether you need any other obligatory documents depends on your field of study. For this purpose, check the website of your institute. If there is no information available online, please contact your Erasmus coordinator for information on application documents. He/she will then also be responsible for reviewing the application and nominating/allocating places.
The deadline for nominations by your Erasmus coordinator is May 15 (for stays in the following winter semester) or October 15 (for stays in the following summer semester). ATTENTION: Nomination deadlines at the host universities may precede these deadlines – therefore please research the nomination deadlines at the host institutions and contact your Erasmus coordinator in time.
- Application at the host university: Please note that the partner universities have their own application forms that need to be filled out as well. You can find these forms as well as information about the corresponding submission deadlines on the homepage of the partner university or the E+ coordinator will inform you directly. Please be aware of the different application deadlines of the different universities!
- Application for Erasmus status and scholarship: As soon as you know that you have been accepted at the partner university, you can apply for the Erasmus scholarship or Erasmus status at the International Relations Office. To do so, use the application forms listed below. These forms must be completed and signed and returned to the International Relations Office by June 15 (for stays in the following winter semester) or November 15 (for stays in the summer semester).
NOTE: Currently, applications for an Erasmus scholarship in the academic year 2022/23 are recorded in parallel in paper form and online. A transition to pure online format will take place as soon as the online tool is finally available. Therefore, the processing will continue to be done exclusively with paper documents and the following documents:
- Part 1: Erasmus+ application 2022/23 from Salzburg to abroad: application form > signature nomination from the E+ coordinator at the respective department of the partnership (see Erasmus+/SEMP place list)
- Part 2: Learning Agreement Section A – Vor Aufenthalt /Before Mobility > Signature of: a) Applicant; b) Responsible body at the study commision; c) Responsible person at the host university
- Covid-19: Erasmus+/SEMP Place List
Make sure that the documents are complete and that all required signatures/departmental stamps are obtained! Submit all three of the above documents, complete and signed by all parties, to the International Relations Office:
- by mail: Department of International Relations, Attn: Mariane Wonneberger, Kapitelgasse 4-6, 5020 Salzburg.
Nomination deadline by Erasmus+ coordinators:
- 15. May (for stays in the following winter semester)
- 15. October (for stays in the following summer semester)
Deadline for submission of application documents to the International Relations Department or completion of registration steps in Mobility Online
- 15. June (for stays in the following winter semester)
- 15. November (for stays in the following summer semester)
Further notes: “Program students” are students who participate in the ERASMUS+ program within approved student flows under an approved university contract. Funding for stays abroad is available as part of full-time studies and for the preparation and completion of master’s/diploma theses and dissertations. Stays after the completion of a PhD are not eligible for funding.
The nomination for the Erasmus+ place takes place via the online tool Mobility Online and is done by the Erasmus coordinator(s). Therefore, please make sure to be nominated in time.The following documents must be uploaded in your online application via Mobility Online:
- Confirmation of enrollment > download via PLUSonline
- Declaration of personal responsibility Cov-19
- Confirmation of residence in Austria > Meldeservice Stadt Salzburg
The available cooparations and places of your department can be found on the Erasmus+/SEMP place list (Erasmus coordinator is listed next to the respective place).
Create application in Mobility Online
(currently not yet possible – as of April 2022)
To create an application in Mobility Online, you will receive the registration link after your Erasmus coordinator has nominated you. Attention: In order to apply, you must have a valid enrollment in the field of study. You set the field of study you want to apply for only during the application process (step Add application information). If you have enrolled in more than one field of study, another one of your fields of study may be displayed as long as you have not completed the corresponding step in Mobility Online.
After logging in, you can create an application. You will then receive a registration link by email, which you must use to log into Mobility Online. Then you add further information to the application and upload the application documents. Instructions on how to apply in Mobility Online will follow here shortly.
You can temporarily save your application, it is not necessary to create the application in one step. However, please note the application deadlines!
Links to Mobility Online:(Do not use the application link below if you want to create an application for an Erasmus+ internship! There is a separate link here).
- Registration link: You will receive the registration link by email after you have been nominated by your Erasmus coordinator. This link is only valid once and cannot be used for later logins.
- Login after successful registration: Use this link if you have already created an application and want to view or edit it further
Problems with the application :
If you have problems with logging in again (if, for example, a new application form is displayed again), please first close all browser windows completely or use a different browser (e.g. Google Chrome).
If you continue to have problems, try the following:
- Make sure you are using the correct link to log in (the registration link sent via email cannot be used for subsequent logins).
- Make sure you are logging into the correct login window.
- Make sure that you log in with your student account (logins with staff accounts are not possible!).
- Make sure that you have entered your password correctly (e.g. upper and lower case letters).
- If you have any further problems, please contact us by email at . Please send a screenshot including explanations.
Registration at the host university
After receiving the official registration link, you will need to complete 2 separate administrative steps (these can run in parallel):
- Upload of the documents in Mobility Online
- Independent and timely registration at the host university
Tips for registering at the host university
Your Erasmus coordinator will forward your nomination to the partner university as soon as possible. Usually, the university will contact you by email and send you information on how to register. However, do not wait for this email, but check in advance which documents you need for the application and by when you have to apply (“application deadline”). If you still have not heard from your host university 2 weeks before the application deadline, contact the International Office of the host university!
- Confirmation of nomination: some universities additionally require a written confirmation of nomination that you have been nominated for an Erasmus+ place. The International Office will issue nomination confirmations upon request.
- Signature of forms: if you need a signature on a form for the registration at the host university (institutional coordinator/Erasmus+ coordinator), this can usually be done at the International Office. Exception: if the signature of “departmental/academic coordinator” is explicitly required – then your mobility coordinator is responsible.
- Erasmus+ Code and Subject Area Code: Erasmus+ Code of the University of Salzburg: A SALZBUR01; Subject Area Code/ISCED Code: depending on the field of study, a list can be found here.
Agreement with the University of Salzburg (Except mobilities to UK)
By signing the Grant Agreement, the University of Salzburg grants you the Erasmus+ status for your Erasmus+ stay.
Through the Erasmus+ status, you will have your tuition fees waived for the duration of your stay (both at the University of Salzburg and at the host university). You will also receive an Erasmus+ grant for your stay.
An absolute requirement for the Erasmus+ status is that you sign the Erasmus+ Grant Agreement. This agreement will be made available for download in Mobility Online at the earliest 20 days before the start of your stay. You have to sign the agreement (preferably with mobile signature!) and upload it again in Mobility Online.
Attention! If you do not submit the agreement, your Erasmus+ status will be withdrawn and you will also lose your entitlement to tuition fee waiver as well as to the Erasmus+ grant.
For more information on the Erasmus+ grant, please see “Financial Support”.
Personal data is confidential and will be processed in accordance with the relevant federal laws only to the extent necessary for your application and participation in the Erasmus+ program.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.