Dr. Daniel Cardoso (MSCFA Research Fellow) holds a PhD in Communication Sciences by the NOVA University, and is a Research Fellow at the Department of Sociology at Manchester Metropolitan University, UK, and a part of RCASS and its Gender and Sexuality Research Group. They remain associated with the LUSOFONA University, in Lisbon, where they taught for ten years. Their main areas of research are consensual non-monogamies, BDSM, gender and sexualities, young and new media, and cybercultures. Their work and activism can be found at www.danielscardoso.net.
Most relevant activities
- Cardoso, D., & Paasonen, S. (2020). The value of print, the value of porn. Porn Studies.
- KEYNOTE: Cardoso, D. “Feminist research on gender – Methodology, Epistemology, and Positionality”. 4 July 2020. V Congresso de Jovens Investigadorxs com perspectiva de género.
- Cardoso, D. (2019). The Political Is Personal: The Importance of Affective Narratives in the Rise of Poly-activism. Sociological Research Online. https://doi.org/10.1177/1360780419835559
- Cardoso, D., Pascoal, P. M., & Rosa, P. J. (2018). Facing polyamorous lives: translation and validation of the attitudes towards polyamory scale in a Portuguese sample. Sexual and Relationship Therapy, 1–16. https://doi.org/10.1080/14681994.2018.1549361
- Cardoso, D. (2018). Bodies and BDSM: Redefining Sex Through Kinky Erotics. The Journal of Sexual Medicine, 0(0). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsxm.2018.02.014