In principle, media from the University Library can be borrowed.
Exceptions are the following media, which can only be used on site:
- Semester apparatus/hand-held apparatus
- Reading room collections
- Newspapers/unbound periodicals
- Loose-leaf collections
- Books published before 1850
- Holdings of the special collections
A library card is required for borrowing!
For members of the University:
- The student ID card is valid as library card.
- The service card for staff members is valid as library card.
Non-members of the University can apply for a library card.
Current information on ordering, borrowing and returning library cards can be found …here.
- Main Library (Stacks Library)
Media units must be ordered via UBsearch before they can be taken home.
- Departmental libraries (open access libraries)
Media units can be searched via UBsearch UBsearch and can be taken from the shelf on the basis of the location information and signature on site and borrowed at the respective information desk.
- Loan periods: 30 days for all media and for all user groups of the University Library. (Status: 19.04.2021)
- Please return media to the location where they were borrowed.
- Media from the Departmental Library of Sports Science can be returned to the Departmental Library of Natural Sciences and to the Main Library.
- Outside opening hours, book drops are available at at the following locations:
- Main Library
- Social Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Philosophy KTH & KGW (common book return box)
- Classical Studies (common book return box in front of “Ancient History”)
Please pay attention to the opening hours of the buildings where the book return boxes are located.
If you have lost a book, please contact the respective library immediately by mail.
The contact information can be found under Kontakt & Standorte.