Open Access Publishing Agreement
The University Library has licensing agreements with renowned academic publishers that enable heavily discounted or free publishing in hybrid (subscription journals with Open Access option) or pure gold journals (fully open access journals).
With which publishers do you have Open Access agreements?
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Cambridge University Press (CUP)
- De Gruyter
- Institute of Physics (IOP)
- International Water Association (IWA)
- Royal Society
- Taylor & Francis / Routledge
- The Company of Biologists
Why are “hybrid” articles funded only within the framework of Open Access publishing agreements?
When publishing open access in “hybrid” journals, both subscription and publication fees are paid by Paris Lodron University of Salzburg to the respective publisher. In order to prevent the university from making multiple payments to a publisher (so-called double dipping), it is important that the publisher offsets any publication fees paid against the subscription fees paid by the University Library (e.g. so-called “offsetting”).
- You are the corresponding author of the article.
- You are a member of Paris Lodron University of Salzburg (at submission or acceptance date depending on the agreement).
- You indicate Paris Lodron University Salzburg as your affiliation in the article.