International Water Association (IWA)
The University Library of Salzburg has signed an Open Access agreement with the publisher IWA. Corresponding authors affiliated with the University of Salzburg can publish open access in IWA journals with hybrid option without restrictions or additional costs.
Which journals can I publish in?
- 14 IWA Subscription Journals with Open Access option
- 3 Gold Open Access journals
- Excluding 6 journals published in cooperation with Elsevier/the Polytechnic University of Valencia.
A list of journals can be found here.
What types of publications are accepted?
What license is granted?
CC-BY, CC BY-NC, CC BY-NC-SA, CC-BY-NC-ND
How are eligible authors identified?
Authors are identified by the affiliation, institutional email domain, or grant ID given when submitting the article.
Please use the university email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) during submission.
- Eligible publications are identified by the publisher upon submission of the article.
- The corresponding author chooses the free open access option.
- The University Library verifies whether the corresponding author is affiliated with the University of Salzburg and approves funding.
- Eligible authors will be informed by IWA via email that the publication fees will be waived.
- The publication is published open access under a Creative Commons licence.
Contact and further information
If you have any questions about this or need further information, please contact