Consultation hour: by prior arrangement
Research group: Psychological Assessment https://diagnostik.sbg.ac.at/
- 2015-2021 PhD (Psychology) at the University of Salzburg
- 2010-2015 Master of Science (Psychology) at the University of Salzburg
- 2007-2010 Bachelor of Science (Psychology) at the University of Salzburg
- 2021-ongoing Senior Scientist at the University of Salzburg
- 2019-2021 Scientific Associate at the University of Salzburg
- 2016-2019 Lecturer and project team member at the University of Salzburg
My dissertation consisted of a series of meta-analyses examining effects of response formats on achievement and aptitude assessments related to psychometric properties of tests, individual characteristics of test-takers, and test features rooted in examination situations. Moreover, my dissertation included the development and empirical validation of a new figural matrices test with classical but also innovative response formats. My academic interests focus on performance testing, test fairness, personality assessment, and pilot training success.
- Breuer, S., Gruber, F. M., Hofstetter, D., Ortner, T. M., & Scherndl, T. (2022). Aviation and Personality: Do Measures of Personality Predict Pilot Training Success? A Meta-Analysis. Manuscript under review in Personality and Individual Differences.
- Breuer, S., Scherndl, T., & Ortner, T. M. (2022). Effects of Response Format on Achievement and Aptitude Assessment Results with Examination Situations and Individual Characteristics as Moderators: Multilevel Random Effects Meta-Analyses. Manuscript under review in Royal Society Open Science.
- Breuer, S., Scherndl, T., & Ortner, T. M. (2022). Find the Mistake! Psychometric Properties of an Innovative Response Format for Figural Matrices Tasks. Manuscript accepted for publication in Journal of Individual Differences.
- Breuer, S., Scherndl, T., & Ortner, T. M. (2020). Effects of Response Format on Psychometric Properties and Fairness of a Matrices Test: Multiple-Choice vs. Free-Response. Frontiers in Education, 5, Article 15. https://doi.org/10.3389/feduc.2020.00015